COVID 19 vaccination now available at some of our DSP Dischem sites
In order to fast track the Covid-19 Vaccine roll- out and to assist in achieving the herd immunity, especially for members of the De Beers Benefit Society, Dischem has informed us that they now have special Covid-19 vaccination sites, and an online booking portal for these sites. Their vaccination registration portal allows you to book a specific timeslot to get your vaccination. Please note that these sites are separate from the usual Dischem pharmacies and are not yet available in all provinces – the supply of vaccines by government determines the availability of vaccines in the various areas.
What to do if you want the vaccine
- You first need to be registered on the Electronic Vaccination Data System (EVDS) before you can book your vaccination. If you have not yet booked on EVDS, click here so that you can do so before booking a vaccination timeslot at Dischem.
- Check the Dischem website for up-to-date information on their vaccination sites, to see whether there is one in your province and vicinity – click here and scroll down until you see ‘Vaccination sites’.
- If you see your province and city/town listed, click here to book your vaccination timeslot on the Dischem Wellness Clinic Portal (which is also where you can book for a Covid test, should you need it at any stage).
- If your province and city/town is not yet listed, make a note to check back on the Dischem Wellness Clinic Portal from time to time – as the vaccine rollout gathers momentum and more vaccines become available, additional Dischem vaccination sites will be able to open across the country.
- If you receive a vaccination token via EVDS for a public vaccination site in the meantime, and the time and venue are suitable to you, you are encouraged to make use of the opportunity to have your vaccination done sooner rather than later.