These are the total monthly contributions payable from 1 January 2020.
|Principal Member/Adult||Child Dependant|
Please note that Employer subsidies that may apply to the above contributions may vary, as this is determined by your conditions of employment and administered accordingly. Queries in this regard should be directed to your Employer. It remains your responsibility, however, to ensure that your monthly contributions are paid in full to the Society.
This is a general three–month period after joining the Society during which a beneficiary is not entitled to claim any benefits. A waiting period may be imposed by the Society in specific circumstances and no claims will be paid for the registered beneficiary during this period. In cases where a condition–specific waiting period of twelve months has been imposed, the beneficiary is not entitled to claim any benefits related to the specific condition in question for a period of 12 months.
Late joiner penalties
|Penalty bands||Maximum penalty|
|1 – 4 years||0.05 x contribution|
|5 – 14 years||0.25 x contribution|
|15 – 24 years||0.50 x contribution|
|25 + years||0.75 x contribution|
For more information about late joiner penalties, please refer to the Society’s rules, available here.
- a Member’s Spouse or Partner who is not a member of another medical scheme or a registered dependant of a member of another medical scheme;
- a Member’s Child who is dependent on the Member and is not a member of another medical scheme or a registered dependant of a member of another medical scheme;
- a member of the Member’s Immediate family for whom the Member is Liable for family care and support; or
- any sibling of a Child dependant, if such Child dependant has been orphaned or if such Child dependant’s remaining parent does not qualify for registration as a Member and, as a consequence thereof, such Child dependant is registered as a Member in terms of rule 6.3.1, provided that such sibling was registered as a Dependant of the deceased Member at the time of the death of the Member and provided that such sibling;
- is under the age of 21; or
- is over the age of 21 but dependent.
- a Member’s natural child, stepchild or legally adopted child; and
- a deceased Member’s natural child, stepchild or legally adopted child who, on the death of the Member, is entitled to be registered as a Member in terms of rule 6.3.1 under circumstances where such child is orphaned or such child’s remaining parent does not qualify for Continuation Membership.
A dependent child who is under the age of 26.
- a child under the age of 21; or
- a Child over the age of 21 but who is dependent upon the Member.
Note: For more information about late joiner penalties, please refer to the Society’s rules, available from the Society and on this website.